Do you also want to grow your email list? Are you also interested in generating more leads? Properly formatted YouTube ads help you attract people who are interested in what your company have to offer. In this post, we are sharing how to use YouTube ads to grow your email list.
Where do YouTube video ads appear?
- Display ads Appears to the right of the feature video and above the video suggestions list. For larger players, this ad may appear below the player.
- Overlay ads Semi-transparent overlay ads that appear on the lower 20% portion of your video.
- Skippable video ads Skippable video ads allow viewers to skip ads after 5 seconds, if they choose. Inserted before, during, or after the main video.
- Non-skippable video ads and long, non-skippable video ads Non-skippable video ads must be watched before your video can be viewed. Long non-skippable video ads may be up to 30 seconds long. These ads can appear before, during, or after the main video.
- Bumper ads Non-skippable video ads of up to 6 seconds that must be watched before your video can be viewed.
- Sponsored cards Sponsored cards display content that may be relevant to your video, such as products featured in the video. Viewers will see a teaser for the card for a few seconds. They can also click the icon in the top right corner of the video to browse the cards.
How to grow your email list with YouTube ads
#choose your video
Out of all your videos, choose a video of your choice to post an advertisement on. Next, you should launch a campaign and paste the link to your video into the Video Ad field provided.
#create your video ad
Here you need to post an ad which provides any facility like downloading an ebook or 1 month free subscription to e-library or songs anything! As our main aim here is to get email addresses of users, we need to create the campaign in such a way that it asks them to only enter their email id without troubling them too much and making it a complicated procedure. We can either redirect them to your website or use a click feature that leads to a login page. You need to fill in a headline and two description lines. For English and most languages, the headline is limited to 100 characters and each description line is limited to 35 characters.
#select a budget
The YouTube AdWords tool helps you create a budget for your ad campaign. To start, YouTube recommends a daily budget of $10.00. YouTube suggests this amount just for the beginners. Later on, if required this amount can be modified. YouTube also recommends a maximum cost-per-view (CPV), which is the highest price that you’re willing to pay for a viewer to watch your ad.
#choose a target audience
Well, this is optional, but we suggest you to set your target audience. It gives you an option to choose countries and regions. You can be specific or choose all. You can also target people based on their web activity and attributes like gender, age and interests. After you’ve finished these steps, you can approve your ads to start running them on YouTube. Yes, it’s that easy to set up your campaign.
After Google and YouTube give your campaign the go-ahead, you can watch the campaign status in your Google AdWords dashboard when the campaign goes live!